Insituform is committed to providing a safe jobsite for its employees, clients and the communities it serves. At the base of the Insituform Safety Program are Insituform's Big Five. The Big Five Rules ensure that the highest safety standards are routinely followed. Insituform's Big Five confined space rules are:
- Continually ventilate during man entry;
- All entrants must be hooked to a lifeline/ retrieval system;
- Calibrated meter used on every man entry;
- Harness and rope used on every man entry; and
- Confined space entry permit must be completed and posted in sight of manhole.